Are you looking to transform your space into a cosy, inviting atmosphere? Flush lighting is the perfect addition! This contemporary style of light fixture provides an ambient light that is both warm and welcoming. It also adds a unique aesthetic appeal with its low-hanging lights and streamlined design. The compact size lets it fit into any area without taking up too much space or overwhelming the room, making these modern fixtures ideal for both interior and exterior locations alike. There are several types of flush ceiling lights available so you can easily find something that will complement your existing décor perfectly.
Help & Advice
What is a flush mount ceiling light?
A flush mount ceiling light is a type of lighting fixture that is installed directly against the ceiling, allowing no gap or space between the light fixture and the ceiling. It provides a clean and streamlined look, making it ideal for rooms with lower ceilings or for those aiming for a minimalist aesthetic.
How to clean flush mount ceiling lights
Cleaning a flush mount ceiling light is simple:
• First, turn off the power to ensure safety.
• Gently remove the cover or shade of the light fixture, if applicable.
• Wipe down the inside and outside of the cover or shade using a soft cloth. For stubborn marks or dirt, use a mild soapy water solution and ensure you wipe with a dry cloth afterward.
• Clean the bulb with a dry cloth.
• Once everything is dry, reassemble the light fixture.
• Turn the power back on.
What's the difference between flush and semi-flush ceiling lights?
The main difference between flush and semi-flush ceiling lights lies in their distance from the ceiling. Flush lights are mounted directly against the ceiling, leaving no gap. In contrast, semi-flush lights hang slightly below the ceiling, usually by a short stem or rod, creating a small gap between the fixture and the ceiling. This difference affects the light distribution and the overall look and feel of the light in the room.
How large should a flush mount be?
The size of the flush mount should correspond to the size of the room and the ceiling height. As a general rule:
• For smaller rooms or hallways, opt for flush mounts that are around 12 inches or less in diameter.
• For medium-sized rooms, fixtures that are between 13 to 20 inches in diameter typically work well.
• Larger rooms or spaces with higher ceilings may benefit from flush mounts that are over 20 inches in diameter.
It's always essential to ensure that the fixture's scale complements the room's size for aesthetic balance.
How to change a bulb in a flush mount ceiling light?
Changing a bulb in a flush mount ceiling light involves the following steps:
• Ensure the power is turned off to the light fixture.
• Remove the cover or shade of the light fixture. This might require unscrewing or unclipping it, depending on the design.
• Unscrew the old bulb by turning it counterclockwise.
• Screw in the new bulb by turning it clockwise. Make sure not to overtighten.
• Reattach the cover or shade.
• Restore power and test the new bulb.
Remember always to use the appropriate wattage bulb for your fixture to ensure safety and longevity.